Thursday, April 10, 2008

Pinky Tuscadero.

That's what you can call me these days. Because I swear, there is no hue on the face of the earth that's as pink as my eye right now. Blech. It started bothering me yesterday a little, but it wasn't pink at all, so I just figured it was nothing and blew it off. But this morning, I woke up, and although it still wasn't really pink, it was definitely a little swollen and irritated the hell out of me. Now? Blech. Pink as hell, swollen, and if feels like someone took a piece of sandpaper and scratched the shit out of my eyeball while I was sleeping. Sigh. I sure am "purdy" these days, lemme tell ya. ;)

Actually, today kind of sucked in lots of ways, now that I'm thinking about it. I upset a friend unintentionally and feel like shit about it. I swear, my sarcastic "wit" (and I use that term lightly) should really just be put to rest. Because without fail, every few weeks, I end up making a comment that's meant to be totally joking, but ends up pissing off/upsetting whoever it is I made the comment to. Sigh. Allison needs to just shut her pie hole sometimes I think, and act like most other people on the face of the Earth do.

But on a good note, I heard some hilarious stories from another friend of mine today. And let me just tell you, that nothing made me feel better than knowing that other people out there have crazy, hilarious, totally random things happen to them when they go out to bars. Seriously. Bars are the best concept ever. Way more people should go to bars. Because I guarantee you that if more people went to bars, I'd probably somehow become friends with every one of them. Because that's what I do in bars. I talk. I make "friends." A friend once told me I could make friends with a  wooden post if allowed to talk to it long enough. And he was probably right. Hell, posts are cool too. Why not make friends with them? Everyone reading this should all go out this weekend and make friends with a large wooden support beam. The world will be a better place. I swear. It's your assignment. Find a friend, head on out, and start making small talk with inanimate objects. You may want to do a few shots first though. Because those shots can be your excuse for why you're licking wood in the neighborhood bar & grill while everyone stands around, whispering about what made you do it. Just blame it on those shots you did with bass player in the live band. Because take it from me... those shots you did called "Snake Bites" really will bite you a few minutes after you knock 'em back. What's IN those things anyway?....

Quote of the Day:
If you really want to do something, you will find a way. If you don't, you will find an excuse.
--Anonymous

1 comment:

Mary said...

Sorry about the eye pinky. That sucks :0(

And that quote is excellent!