Saturday, March 01, 2008

Hola Chiquitas (and Chiquitos?)

Wassup? <---- Seriously, how cool is that word? Wassup? I feel all cool just saying it like that. LOL!

Er, um, anyway...

I feel like I've deserted you all lately, and for that, I apologize. I must say, getting a "real" job after 3 years, where I actually have to drive TO the job is kicking my ass. LOL! And it's been a little crazy trying to figure out what to do with Hannah some days, getting Grace on the bus, having someone here to get Grace off the bus, etc. Nuts, I tell ya. All I can say is god bless mine and Steve's parents, because without them, we'd be screwed. Grandparents RULE.

Um, today I spent three hours of my life at a Spongebob birthday party for the son of friends of ours. Steve had to work and my parents took Hannah to see "Disney Princesses on Ice," so it was just me and Grace. I should preface this by saying that I despise children's birthday parties. Hate them. I can deal with running, screaming children for about 2.5 minutes before I want to rip my own face off, just because I think it would be less painful. It wasn't too bad, just because the mom had enough games, prizes, etc. lined up so that the kids were mostly occupied the whole time. But THREE HOURS?!?! Dear lord, woman, you're killing me. LOL!

All in all, not TOO bad, but there were 8 billion other things I would've rather been doing today.

I also haven't been around much because all KINDS of crazy personal shit was going on. Like, holy shit, my life is crumbling down around me type stuff. All brought on by me... all stuff I could've avoided... all things I'm not proud of... and all things that were slowly turning me into a person I didn't want to be. (And before y'all go start gossiping and thinking I'm some two-bit hussy that was having an internet affair or something, breaking up someone else's marriage, etc. I hate to disappoint you, but it wasn't anything like that at all. It ALL had to do with stupid, evil money.) Anyway... I hit a brick wall (figuratively, not literally) this past week, which, as painful as it was, was also one of the best things that could've happened. I can FINALLY move on with my life and my marriage and just "me" in general. I can finally "breathe" again after about 1.5 years of truly living in hell. So watch out, girls, because to ol' Alien is back. :D

OK. I have some stuff I have to go do before I head to bed. I've got scrapbooking challenges to catch up on, people to chat with, etc. I'll be back soon. Promise.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Girl I have been there done that! I'll have to send you an email to say how much debt I dumbed in R's lap. Do you remember about 18mos ago when I mad that post about the shit hitting the fan? But like you I felt like a weight had been lifted and I could breath. OMG what a relief it was to have that out in the open. So anyway I'm glad things worked out for you.

Kelly said...

MADE not mad.

Melly said...

So glad you've got things turned around. I'm also glad you're not a ho who meets married men on the internet. Really glad. LOL

Susan's 365 said...

I'm glad you've gotten things out and are turned around and on a different path. Hang in there.

Kelly, I'd like to chat with you about that too. I'm trying to dig us out right now. Drop me a line...TIA.

Anonymous said...

I totally understand where you are coming from when it comes to money. We just went through some major crap dealing with money {the reason I kind of dropped off the map for a while!} Glad things are going better! And I'm glad the new job is going well!!