Monday, March 03, 2008

Checking in again...

Hello bambinos! (Are you noticing a Spanish theme here? What's up with that anyway?) How are y'all?

Okee dokee here in this neck of the woods. Well, yes and no. The immediate family is kicking ass and taking names. We've all been in good moods lately (for the most part), getting stuff done, rolling with the punches, and working together to all adjust to the whole thing with me working full-time again. Steve and I are getting along better than we have ever before. I swear, since the whole financial thing came out and we talked about it, it's like we're newlyweds again. LOL!

Oh, and I feel the need to clarify (and I'm not sure why), that what I did didn't really involve getting us into "debt". I wasn't buying things I couldn't afford (or buying anything at all really), wasn't racking up credit card bills (since I don't have one), etc. I was just paying bills way late, paying one bill and not paying another, transferring money from one of our several accounts to another to try to cover bills, etc. The "debt" that resulted wasn't really THAT much, relatively speaking, but it did mean that we have a few months of bills to catch up on, some of which aren't exactly small. But we have enough in other accounts, savings, etc., to cover it. We'll be back to square one within a month or two. It just sucks that it even came to that. The lying part was what was killing me (literally... I was a mess). But Steve and I are both actually excited now that the whole shock of it has blown over. Like I said, we haven't gotten along this well in years. Now that I can finally relax and breathe and be honest again, it's like nothing can stop us. God bless that man, because the way he reacted to the whole thing tells me that he truly IS my soul mate. OK. Enough of that crap. I just didn't want y'all thinking I was out buying diamonds or Eddie Bauer clothing or  iPods or shit like that when I couldn't afford it. Moving on...

Uhh.... I don't think I have anything else to move on to. LOL! It's late and now that I'm a working girl again, I need to get to bed at a decent hour. [sigh] I'll try to check in again in a day or two, hopefully with a better post, because this one kind of sucked. LOL!

1 comment:

Kimmykay said...

BTDT... I swear we just went thru this right before we moved out here. It wasn't BAD but so stressful covering asses. I'm glad you are back on the straight and narrow. ~grins~