Monday, November 19, 2007

Holy crap...

I've sucked at this blogging thing lately. Sorry guys. I've just been so obsessed busy with Photoshop, editing photos, trying to make our Christmas cards, and working on some stuff for other people lately, that blogging kind of got bumped down the To Do list. I woke up this morning to find that it was snowing. I wasn't quite ready for snow (although I should be at this time of year and considering where we live), but it kind of shocked me. Not necessarily in a bad way, because it totally put me in the mood for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but it surprised me all the same.

Hunting season officially starts tomorrow. For the next three weeks, I will be a hunting widow. Steve will wake up around 3:30 AM and drive to wherever he decides to hunt for the day. Then he'll wander into the house around 7:00 or 8:00 every night, and will proceed to eat something small, pack his lunch for the next day, and then wander upstairs bleary-eyed so he can go to bed and do it all over again the next day. I hated hunting season when the girls were infants, screaming in their reflux-induced pain. I remember pacing back and forth with a screaming child, desperately trying to get them to sleep, and being pissed off that when Steve finally walked in, he pretty much went right upstairs to bed.

But these days, I kind of like it. I adore Steve to no end, but it's nice not having to cook three-course meals for the family. And he's in the best mood ever during hunting season, so that's cool too. The man works his ass off all year long. I truly don't know how he does it. So if he wants to take three weeks off to forget about work and his business and the everyday stresses of life, then more power to him. If anyone deserves it, he does.

But to catch you up on the last week or so of our lives...

* My sister has officially moved into my parents' house with her 5 pets.

* I'm seriously contemplating getting Grace a puppy, and although I don't think it will happen, those of you that know me well know what a HUGE thing that is for me to even consider.

* I just picked up a brief freelancing assignment proofreading crossword puzzles. How friggin' COOL is that? So sorry Facebook friends that I haven't been taking my turn in Scrabulous lately, but this other crossword puzzle gig pays me money and stuff, so I'm afraid you lose out over them.

* I've decided I'm dying. There's no rhyme or reason behind it. I just figured I am.

* I decided that drama is not my friend. I don't like drama. I don't "do" drama. And if you're one of those people that thrives on drama, then I'm afraid we can't be friends.

* That same sentence above, but substitute "drama" with "catty, arrogant, self-righteous bitchiness".

* I was informed today that it would be greatly appreciated if I would prepare pierogies and beef stew for Thanksgiving at my mom's house this year. Huh? Pierogies? Beef stew? For Thanksgiving? Now don't get me wrong, because I HATE turkey and traditional Thanksgiving food, so I'm all for pierogies and beef stew on Turkey Day. But well, it's just an odd combination and one I would've appreciated knowing a few days ago (or today, right before I went to the grocery store) so I could've bought the stuff and had it here for Wednesday night when I'll chuck it all in my crockpots. LOL!

So anyway, I need to head up to bed myself right now, but here are a few pictures from today. Two of Hannah preparing to head outside into the snow (which never really did accumulate until much later) and then actually outside. And there's one of Grace being, well, Grace. God, I love that kid. LOL! I'll try to blog more this week. :)

Hannah in Stripes

Hannah in the Snow

Grace Being Grace

5 comments:

Amber said...

You are very understanding and nice, I would say. I dated a hunter before I met Kory. I HATED it! LOL! I would drive hours to see him on the weekends, and he would go hunting! He was such an idiot. ;)

The pics are great.

:)

Anonymous said...

Love those pictures. That Grace is a riot! And I love that sweater and hat on Hannah.
And I must say that my mouth has been watering for days just thinking of all the Turkey and dressing I'll be eating on Thursday. Yummy!

Susan's 365 said...

The girls are gorgeous!

I am really looking forward to Thanksgiving this year...first time with my parents in 3 years.

Emily said...

I love those pictures...(sigh)

I will never understand why a set of dangly things between your legs make someone want to venture out into the cold weather, hauling a heavy ass gun, so they can shoot the crap out of heavy freaking animals that they then have to hike to carry back home. (shaking head)

Melly said...

Cute pics!

Why don't you get an adult dog from a rescue?