Tuesday, February 02, 2010

I Miss It.

Writing that is. I miss it terribly. Not the tech writing thing, because frankly, that still bores me to goddamn tears (she says, knowing she’s meeting with a guy about a possible tech writing gig tomorrow morning… Sigh.). I mean that I miss writing here. I get my writing cravings out on Facebook now, but get pissed when my status update is “too long” and I have to try to condense it. ANNOYING. I ramble. God knows I ramble. So I feel hindered on Facebook when I’m trying to write the latest episode in my life and I’m told by Facebook I can’t post it because I’ve used 523 characters. (And yes, I call them “episodes”…. because more often than not, my life is a goddamn sitcom. Or at least in my head it is.)

So I’m back for now. I can’t promise I’ll stick around for long (because in my own fucked up head, I’m ADHD and don’t know if I’ll really stick around.) And I may start up a whole new blog. Only because over the years, I’ve said WAY too much shit here about people that are now (grudgingly) my friends on Facebook. And if I ever post the super secret link to this blog and they’re bored and start reading back through, it could present a big problem for me. LOL! If I do decide to start using a new blog address, I’ll post it here for those of you that only have this link. We’ll see. I’m not making any promises. I just know that if I don’t do something with the crazy ass random thoughts whirling around in my brain, I’m going to explode. And that would be messy. And Steve is anal and would be pissed if I exploded in the kitchen and got blood all over the white kitchen cabinets. So we’ll see how this goes. Again… no promises. I need to think of a quirky blog title tonight for the brand spanking new blog and secure it and all that other good stuff.

But if I DO decide to roll with this, I’m giving fair warning that it will be a no-holds-barred blog. I’ll drop “F-bombs like it’s my job (but only when appropriate to the entry that day). And I’ll have many entries that are random one or two sentences throughout the day (because Facebook has destroyed my ability to post long updates). But we’ll find the groove we’re looking for and go from there. Promise.

So stay tuned. I may be back tomorrow. Or I may be back in 6-months. God knows you can never take me for my word….

8 comments:

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

Well, I hope you do keep writing!! You crack me up!

kim said...

I hope you keep writing too Allison. Your shiz makes me howl! I totally understand about wanting to vent and talk about certain people on your blog. Mine remains mundane and boring because you never know who's reading it. The daily antics of the secretary here alone would have me posting 3 times a day, but alas, that would tell the world that I'm working f/t. I may as well hang a sign at my house that says, "no one's here, come rob us!" Either I'm paranoid or too chicken. Looking forward to more musings by you!

Mary said...

YOu'd better fucking post some fucking writing for us to fucking read. Now.

I'll read ya, as long as ya post ;-)

And it is nice to write stuff that isn't limited, and you don't have to censor (because God knows we all end up censoring the shit outta what we post on facebook...or is it just me?!?)

Susan's 365 said...

Well it's about freakin time you started freakin writing again because there are many of us that love reading your freakin stories.

Allison said...

LOL guys! I won't censor HOW I talk, but I'll definitely censor WHO I talk about (to an extent). I can usually figure out a way to "spin" something so it's not clear who I'm specifically referring to. But I could never post this blog address on FB because my friend that is the "Playdate from Hell", my sister, other family members, etc. could see old posts and all hell would break loose.

I'll push the limits as far as I can on the new blog. If something particularly funny happens, I'm posting it whether you like it or not. And I'll probably still post here with the stuff that I simply CAN'T say on the new blog just because the link will be available to everyone on my FB page. But I'm also not going to post boring shit on the new blog, where I discuss what we ate for dinner and how my kids "drove me crazy tonight." Screw that. That's not me and I can't do it. So we'll see how it goes...

Amy said...

Have totally missed your writing, hell, I remember your weekly recaps on the June Board! Hope you keep writing, you've got a gift!

Susan's 365 said...

Come out, come out wherever you are!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I hope it is a great one for you and yours.