* I’m still following the Couch to 5K program. Today, I finished Week 2. Steve went with me and we ran along the canal. He got ahead of me, but I expected that. I did it dammit. I’m doing it. I normally don’t finish things I start, so we’ll see how it goes.
* I still don’t have confirmation that my SIL is actually running these days, so for now, I must continue my quest to outrun, outwit, and outlast her. As long as she outweighs me, the universe will continue to function normally.
* I DO, however, had hideous pain in my knees today (and yesterday) though. I’ve had issues with my knees and ankles since I was a little kid, so it doesn’t surprise me. But tonight, cutting off my legs from my knees down to get rid of the incessant aching is something I considered.
* Hannah’s daisies are growing quite well in the little cartons on our windowsill. We all water them and we check daily to see how many new ones have poked through the dirt. There’s something magical about spring and the growth it brings.
* I painted two walls in our middle room today on a whim. I didn’t want to spend money to paint a shitty room with pieced together paneling, so I used the “leftovers” from the greenish color we originally painted our kitchen (and then painted over). The room was just WAY too dark and depressing in it’s dark burgundy color, and I felt the need to change it.
* But I’m sick of painting now and asked Steve if he minded 2 light green walls and 2 dark red ones. He said no, so we’ll see if I finish. LOL!
* Oh. And I ran out of paint, so I hope WalMart can match it with a different paint brand or we really WILL have 2 green walls and 2 red walls.
* I have every intention of bribing Grace tomorrow with a Webkinz or something in order to avoid a bowling party she was invited to. I spent 2 hours in a bowling alley last weekend with Hannah and 20 other 4 and 5-year-olds, and I just think asking me to do that 2 weeks in a row is just wrong. Especially when I have two walls to paint. So I fully intend to use gifts to make her not force me to go. (Don’t you roll your eyes at me. The rest of you with kids want to do the same thing… you just don’t have the balls to actually DO it. I’m an innovator.)
* Of course, Steve won’t be here all weekend for the most part, which means I’m on full-time kid duty. Yeah. Painting those other two walls ought to be a real fucking blast. Sigh.
* I was questioned face-to-face by a person whom I didn’t add as a friend on Facebook. Do people really do that? Confront someone who has rejected/ignored you? Wow. I mumbled some bullshit about not being on Facebook much, but I don’t think she was buying it. Tough shit. I can’t talk shit about her anymore in my status updates if I add her, and, well, what fun would that be?
* I inadvertently became one of the coaches of both Hannah’s t-ball team and Grace’s coach pitch team this spring. I honestly don’t know how it happened, but I’m now committed and I’m not sure if I’m excited about it or if I should start contemplating now how to kill myself with the least mess.
* Steve was also signed up (unbeknownst to him) as an assistant coach for both teams. This means the L-------‘s are going to rule the little league. Watch out, you little shits on other teams, because we’re kicking ass and taking names. When they name the field after us, I’ll let you all know….
I’m going to now finish my beer, hobble upstairs on my bad knees (if I can make it) and crash. Because I’m tired and have painting and shopping and Girl Scout cookie sales, and bribery to deal with tomorrow. That’s enough to exhaust anyone…