Friday, December 30, 2005
But I sucked it up and busted ass around the house today. I had done the Great Toy Purge in the toyroom yesterday (which is when the puzzle rumble occured), but you wouldn't know it by looking at the state of that room this morning. (Damn kids...)
Today, I undecorated the house and tree, packed up ALL Christmas decorations (I made the deadline Melissa!), had Steve drag out the tree, cleaned up the 8 billion pine needles scattered throughout the home, rearranged a bunch of stuff, vacuumed, dusted, and did 4 loads of laundry. Hmmm... perhaps I should break body parts more often, huh? ;)
Anyway, I'm finally walking almost normally, and although the toe is huge and purple with a big black stripe, it's not unbearable anymore. It looks like I'll live...
And now, I'm going to drag my exhausted ass to bed. Thanks again for the thoughts!
Thursday, December 29, 2005
Wednesday, December 28, 2005
Here are a few pictures of the paint job. These pictures show the true color pretty closely (on my computer anyway), but there is a bit more of a sage tint to it in real life.
This wall will be completely covered with cabinets on both sides of the doorway opening, so you won't really see much of the walls anyway... LOL!
You'll actually see most of these walls after the cabinets are in. That one little corner there will be nothing. In the "mudroom" area by the back door, you'll see that wall that the door and window are on. But in that little area to the left of the door, there will be shelves and storage units, so a lot of the color will be covered up anyway.
This picture shows the main cabinet/appliances wall. There will be cabinets along the entire wall, the refrigerator, etc. So again, not much color will be showing.
So why my husband thought it necessary to give all surfaces two coats of paint is beyond me. But um, whatever you anal retentive freak.
Tuesday, December 27, 2005
See Zach, I'm not really an alien, and I'm not green. :)
(And for those of you that don't "know" me or why people call me Alien, I'll have to post the explanation tomorrow. I am NOT a sci-fi fan AT ALL, and I have no special attraction or fascination with aliens...)
I totally forgot to tell you guys about "The Great Family Weigh In" on Christmas day. I have NO idea how it started, or why, or who started it, but every single one of us there stepped on the bathroom scale (placed in the kitchen) while the rest of us huddled around, seeing who weighed the most. Talk about a real self-esteem booster, eh?
I am happy to report that I weighed the least out of the chicks (which really isn't saying much), but my brother and grandfather tied for lightest overall.
Here we all are in my parents' kitchen, calling each other "fat asses" and doing things only my family would do. That's my brother (the lightest) on the left in a baseball hat, and that's my husband (the heaviest) standing behind him in the turtleneck sweater...
And here we are, pretending to be "normal".
1. PlayDoh rules in so many ways.
2. I have this annoying habit of continuing to read children's books (out loud) until the end, even when my two children have gotten up and walked off about 1/4 into the book. Then I get pissed if anyone interrupts me before I'm done.
3. My royal pain in the ass cat has now also developed an annoying habit of biting his food, letting the broken parts of each piece fall back into the bowl, and then outright refusing to eat the broken bits. He's now sitting here crying because I won't give him more. Dude, get over yourself. I forgot to buy your special, expensive-as-all-hell cat food and now there's none left. However, you have an entire bowl of broken pieces. Go eat them or starve. It's your choice, buddy.
4. I am way too fascinated with our "chamelion" kitchen paint that I swear looks like a different color or shade everytime I look at it.
5. Because of the above, and Steve telling me I'm freakin' crazy, I'm convinced someone is slipping me acid somehow.
6. Ham is NOT as good when eaten for 6 meals in a row. Mustard can only liven it up so much, ya know?
7. I think there should be an option to pay someone to come undecorate your Christmas tree and home after the holidays.
8. I keep getting annoyed every time I think back about Christmas Eve and Christmas evening and how you'd swear I was the only damn parent in the house on both of those occasions. Seriously, dear SIL, watch your child, discipline the little f*cker when he needs it, and do or say something when he curses like a sailor. Because if you don't, I swear to god, I will. When your 4-year-old is at a family gathering and walks down the hall to the bathroom, saying that no one should bother him because "he's going to take a shit", you really should do or say something. Laughing does not help. And if he ever clotheslines Hannah again like he did on Christmas night, I swear to god, I will beat his ass. And telling me the story (in front of him) of how he slammed his little one-year-old brother's face into the kitchen floor on purpose while you laugh and blow it off probably doesn't help either.
9. Decided that if they ever entertain the thought of having a third child, I'm calling the Child-Bearing Police and telling them there's been a violation.
10. Realized that Hannah really is turning into a mini Grace. Now this isn't all bad, since Grace really does kick ass in the personality/charm department. But it does mean I need to increase my alcohol intake and perhaps seek therapy.
11. Potty training really is more trouble than it's worth. Screw the savings... I'll pay for the damn diapers.
12. Wondered why I continue to tell myself (and others) that I really don't mind painting, when in reality, I think it sucks ass, I hate it, and I'm really not very good at it at all.
I got a lot done today. I managed to get the second coat of paint on in the kitchen, so now it's just tiling the floor and the damn thing can finally get put in. Is it even possible it's finally happening?
Hannah and I also went grocery shopping. Not that I wanted to or felt like it AT ALL, but I was completely out of creamer and if I would've had to go without coffee the way I like it tomorrow morning, I literally would've been a bitch all day. No reason to subject the children to that. ;)
Oh, and I also just placed a kick ass order for the girls on Hanna Andersson's website during their kick ass post holiday sale. YEEHAW!!!
Other than that, not much exciting is going on in the house. Yup. That's right. I suck. Sorry...
(Update: I suck even more than I originally thought. I never did call my friend because I'm not in the mood at all to talk on the phone tonight. See? Suckage at its best...)
Monday, December 26, 2005
Please check back tomorrow when we hope we'll be returned to our regularly scheduled programming... ;)
Sunday, December 25, 2005
Two kids begging to open presents from the second we walked in the door... Wrapping paper flying, boxes ripped open, and shouts of glee going on in every spare inch of the room so that I had no clue what was going on and who got what and where all the gifts were... Two 4-year-olds, a 2.5-year-old and a 1-year-old, running around, screaming, spilling drinks, and hitting each other... Crying by the 4-year-old because she opened a gift she already had (Barbie guitar) and wanted the gift Hannah had just opened (Barbie laptop computer... And while we're here, who the HELL gives that to a 2-year-old)... A four-year-old "making deals" with the two-year-old that she'll trade her her new makeup kit for the Barbie computer... Me hissing in Grace's ear to not TELL the person we already have the guitar and that we'll return the unopened guitar and get her the Barbie computer too...Watching my nephew's mom take the gift we got him away from him because he kept punching people in the face with them (a gift she had told me to get him)... Getting a gift card for a store in the mall, which although they're stuff looks really cool from what I've seen in their display windows, is also too small to fit my fat ass and look even somewhat decent...
But like I said, all in all, a good time... ;)
Thursday, December 22, 2005
Basically, I spent the day driving way too many places to buy way too many gift cards for way too many people for way too much money. Then I wrapped a bunch of gifts (another of my personal hells).
Other than that, it was the usual day here. Hannah acting like a psychotic, rebellious two-year-old. Grace behaving most of the night but acting like a hysterical psycho right before bed. And Steve falling asleep by 8:30. YEEHAW! We're such party animals...
Lynda's Great Journey
The Houston Chronicles
What were you doing 10 years ago? How the hell do I know? LOL! Um... I had graduated from college the summer before and I think I was waitressing at a local mom & pop restaurant called "Leiby's". I was going out a lot with my friends to clubs, getting trashed off my ass, and meeting guys. Ahhhh... those were the days. I was still living at home with my parents.
What were you doing a year ago? Um, stressing about money for Christmas gifts. LOL! I was still working full-time outside the home. I had a hellish commute, no money, and I barely saw my kids.
5 snacks you enjoy?
- Ice Cream
- Nacho Chips with Cheese
- Slim Jims
5 songs you know all the lyrics to:
- "Son of a Preacher Man"
- "Paul Revere" by the Beastie Boys
- "Rocket Queen" by Guns & Roses
- "Ain't Going Down ('Til the Sun Comes Up)" by Garth Brooks
- "You and Me" by Lifehouse
5 things you would do if you were a millionare:
- Pay off our mortgage
- Get those stainless steel appliances I want for our kitchen. ;)
- Pay off my stupid ass student loans
- Buy a fully loaded mini-van
- Tell Steve to quit his way-too-physical job and just chill
5 bad habits:
- Drinking? (Although I really don't consider that "bad".)
- Picking at the skin around my fingernails
- Spending too much time on the computer
5 things I like doing:
- Being online
- Smelling cleaning products
5 things you would never wear, get new or buy new again:
- Leg warmers
- Naval-baring shirts (at my current weight anyway)
- Tapered jeans
- Stirrup pants
- Disney character clothing
And uh, I'd buy anything new if I had the money to do it, so I'll skip that one.
Tag 5 people:
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
2. Told myself to get my ass in the shower and start all of the stuff I had to do, but instead, sat at the computer drinking mug after mug of coffee.
3. Finally kicked it into high gear and got showered and out the door.
4. Drove right past the post office, forgetting about the two packages to be mailed that were sitting RIGHT NEXT TO ME on the front seat. Stupid ass.
5. Continued on to Home Depot for kitchen paint and supplies.
6. Was in that damn orange store for a good 2 hours trying to figure out what freakin' color to buy.
7. Finally decided and headed to the front of the store to check out.
8. The toothless (literally) guy in front of me turned around and started pointing at things in my cart, saying what I did and didn't need. It turns out he's a professional painter.
9. It turned into a very surreal (yet enjoyable) experience where he took me back to the paint supplies, took out half the stuff I had in my cart and threw them back on the shelves, threw a bunch of different stuff back into my cart, and gave me a lot of great tips and pointers on painting a room.
10. Asked him why the hell he wanted to write down my name when he asked me for a pen and paper.
11. He laughed and gave me his phone number (in case I have any questions) and he wrote down JUST my first name (that's all I gave him) and "Home Depot" so he'd know who I was if I called with any questions.
12. Finally left the damn place and headed to the god-forsaken mall.
13. Realized I must have missed the memo that went out to everyone, telling us that at this time of year, it's OK to drive like an ass and run redlights in our attempts to get to the mall 1 minute earlier than we would if we obeyed the traffic laws.
14. Spent an hour in the first store I walked into, buying stuff only for myself. Because I'm self-absorbed like that.
Update: Forgot to add one in here where I got a good view of my thonged ass in the full-size LARGE dressing room mirror and almost threw up. [sigh]
15. Waiting in line for 45 looooong minutes to get the three mall gift cards my mom sent me there for.
16. Had a weird deja vu moment when, while standing in line for the gift cards, saw a girl I know walk past. What was weird is that when I was waiting in the same line last week to buy my gift cards, she had walked past.
17. Turned my head so she wouldn't see me (just like last week), because I just wasn't in the mood to be all chatty (just like last week). Plus we skipped their Halloween party and I haven't seen her since, so I didn't want her asking me where we had been. (I'm mature like that.)
18. Bought the gift cards and decided it was time to leave.
19. Bought more stuff for myself in the first store on my way out. (Again, that self-absorbed thing comes into play.)
20. Headed home and flipped off (mentally) about 18 other drivers.
21. Arrived home to a message from my best friend from college (Hannah's godmother) saying she wants to come visit next week. We rarely see or talk to each other these days, so I'm pretty pumped about it.
22. Also had a message from the kitchen guy, asking if we know yet when the cabinets can be installed.
23. Steve and I discussed skipping all Christmas activities this weekend in an attempt to get the kitchen in as soon as possible, but figured our other family members (and our kids) would be pissed. Dammit.
24. Called the kitchen guy back to set something up. Only two more weeks, baby. Two more weeks...
25. Had afternoon sex because we knew we'd both be too tired and too busy to go at it tonight after the girls were asleep.
26. Headed out to pick up the girls at my mom's house.
27. Stopped at the grocery store to buy the 5 bags of cheese curls I'm "assigned" to bring for the girls' Christmas parties at daycare tomorrow. Nothing like a good healthy lunch at daycare, eh?
28. Grabbed a pizza for dinner.
29. Got home and inhaled the aforementioned pizza, and then immediately felt like I would throw up if I spoke.
30. Told Hannah to thank god she's so damn cute, because otherwise, a lot of people would want to be kicking her ass lately. She's been quite the handful lately.
31. Gave the girls a bath, alternating the entire time between laughing hysterically at them and wanting to throttle them.
32. Got the daycare teachers' gifts ready for tomorrow, worrying the entire time that I'm going to look cheap. (My mom is a teacher there too and some parents give her REALLY nice gifts.)
33. Actually wrote the word "shit" in one of the cards to the teacher and wondered if that's sacreligious at all. Probably, huh?
34. Sat here 10 minutes trying to decide how to spell one of Hannah's teacher's names (Charisma), and then decided I didn't really care if was right or not because I don't really like her. (And with a name like Charisma, why should I like her, ya know?)
35. I really should be working right now on the two shadowbox frames I still have to put together for Christmas gifts, but well, I just don't feel like it.
36. Added that to my ever-growing list of "Things I Need to Do Tomorrow, My Last Kidless Day Before Christmas".
37. Realized I forgot cookies (for Santa) and carrots (for the reindeer) when I was at the grocery store today. Son of a....
Tuesday, December 20, 2005
2. Had 20 minutes of "alone time" before Hannah woke up. Thanks kid.
3. Finished wrapping the last of the gifts for my Secret Santa buddies and started to tape up the boxes.
4. Realized that one of the gifts required batteries which weren't included by the manufacturer. Decided that would make for one very unhappy gift recipient, so I took the appropriate size and number of batteries out of Grace's toy, threw them in a baggie, and put them in the box to be shipped too. It was either that or wait another day to ship it, which I didn't want to do. [snort]
5. Notified the recipient, in a round about way, to explain why there were going to be "used" batteries in her box. [blush]
6. Got Hannah and myself ready and headed to the post office where I finally mailed all of my packages.
7. Went to KMart where I bought a few more gifts, leaving me with only gift cards to buy tomorrow before we'll be done with the Christmas shopping. (Or so I'm telling myself anyway.)
8. Came home where I found a box at my door. It figures it was the stuff I had ordered to go in various SSB boxes, but decided I couldn't wait for any longer. Dammit to hell.
9. Opened the box and was extremely bummed when I saw how freakin' CUTE the stuff was. Dammit! Dammit! Dammit!
10. Figured I'd give the gift(s) to my nephews instead, which also bummed me out because I didn't think they'd appreciate them.
11. Decided to send them to my SSBs after all. Beyond the cuteness, there's sort of an "inside joke" with them too, so I just have to do it. Granted, I don't know when I'll send them (LOL!), but they'll get there at some point. ;)
12. Decided that Janet really is a cheater. ;)
13. Received an email about supersizing my penis. Awesome.
14. Flipped on "Bringing Home Baby" while Hannah was napping and got all teary-eyed when a first time dad started crying tears of joy about his new daughter. Stupid feelings...
15. Decided Adam Corolla may be one of the funniest people on the planet. And if I say "Let's get crackalacking," one more time, I'm going to harm myself.
16. The lyrics to Jingle Bells according to Hannah:
"Jingle Bells! Jingle Bells! Jingle all the way!17. Decided that unless I spend about 72 hours straight doing laundry, I will never ever get caught up.
Oh McFun it is to ride in a one horse shopping sleigh! Hey!"
18. Went commando today as Hannah watched me get dressed after my shower. She said (and I quote), "You forgot underwear, Mommy. No one wants to see your butt." Amen sister. Amen. [sigh]
19. Had to resort to packing tape to wrap some presents when I ran out of scotch tape. "Hi. I'm Allison, and I'm a redneck."
20. Decided it could've been worse and at least I didn't use duct tape.
21. Thanked god that my stunning personality allows people to look past my shortcomings. (That's a joke.)
22. Laughed because Steve is sleeping on the bedroom floor in one of the kids' sleeping bags tonight because the mattress is shot and his back has been bothering him. Me thinks it's time to ditch the mattress that's from his childhood (not a joke) and buy a new one.
Monday, December 19, 2005
1. Steve let me "sleep in" until 7:00 before he woke me to watch Grace since he was leaving for work.
2. Had Hannah tell me she didn't want to wear diapers today. As cute as she looks in her tiny underwear, constantly remembering to remind her to pee in the potty is a real pain in the ass.
3. Cleaned the upstairs kitchen where the litter boxes are. It was trashed and I managed to get it done while the girls played downstairs. Since all of their presents are wrapped and piled in that room, I had to be all stealthy about it and not let them know where I was.
4. Checked my order status and found out my bear collages for Steve would be arriving today. YAHOO!!!
5. Ducked upstairs to dust our bedrooms and heard Grace in the playroom downstairs. Came down to find she had picked up the entire room (and I assure you, there was A LOT to pick up) for no apparent reason other than to make me proud of her. [happy sigh]
6. Told me it had made her tired and hungry, so she made herself a cheese sandwich and "rested" on the couch. Welcome to my world kid...
7. She continued to remind me repeatedly throughout the day that she had done it, and kept asking me if I was still proud of her.
8. Wondered if the fact that my cats keep drinking the water out of the Christmas tree base is in any way harmful to them.
9. Was surprised when Steve got home from work at 1:00, saying he was heading to the mall to do some Christmas shopping.
10. Convinced him that it was totally unnecessary to drive the 30 miles to the mall at this time of year just to get a gift for me (everyone else is bought for already) and that I really am OK with getting nothing from him on Christmas.
11. Opened a new can of Spaghettio's at dinner time and took out every stinking meatball to give to Hannah since that's what she wanted and at this point, if she'll eat anything, I'm happy.
12. Put the meatball-less Spaghettio's into the fridge since no one here (including myself) wanted to eat them at the time.
13. Was annoyed when Hannah proclaimed she was done eating after a whopping three meatballs.
14. Wanted to kiss Grace when she started to feed Hannah the meatballs "like a baby", which Hannah got a kick out of and therefore, prompted her to eat every stinking one of them. Grace rocks.
15. Was thrilled with the bear collages that arrived. Kappy rocks.
16. Became rather titillated when Steve put on some of his new threads to go grocery shopping and looked even more hot than what I had envisioned.
17. Laughed when he first put on the "beautiful flannel" his mom had bought him, and we both decided he looked like a Stetson ad, so he changed into the Aeropostale hoodie I bought him instead.
18. Fell asleep with only 15 minutes left in CSI Miami, so I have NO idea who killed the rapist/real estate agent, dammit.
19. Woke up at 11:15 PM feeling well rested and am now sitting here wondering how long it'll be before I feel tired again.
Sunday, December 18, 2005
1. Slept in until 8:00. Ahhhh....
2. Came downstairs where I only had to wait three minutes for a perfectly brewed pot of coffee. Did you people hear me? Only THREE MINUTES!!!! I heart Bunn.
3. Called my mom to see how the girls did last night. All was well.
4. Showered and left to go pick them up.
5. Stopped at WalMart on the way, to pick up 2 more gallons of primer for Steve to finish that whole thing today. Did you people hear me? For Steve to finish it. :)
6. Grabbed the last gift for one of my three Secret Santa Buddies.
7. Picked up the girls.
8. Stopped at Blockbuster on the way home to return movies and pick some new ones.
9. Got annoyed that I had to pay for two movies for the THIRD time because my children repeatedly want to rent them. I could've bought the damn things by now.
10. Came home to find Steve cleaning up cat shit yet again and cursing like a sailor.
11. Seriously discussed what we're going to do with Salinger. We just can't keep him. His crapping problem is not only gross, and damaging to our home. But now it's bordering on unhealthy for us. I mean, the thing has E. Coli for god's sake. And now he's crapping all over the floors that my kids play on. Sorry buddy, but we just can't do it anymore. And after a week and a half on this new medicine, he's showing NO improvement. I think I'm done. :(
12. Decided to call the vet tomorrow to discuss our options.
13. Allowed Grace to go over in the kitchen and "help" Steve prime the walls.
14. Chuckled when I heard Steve tell her that no, she could not paint the floor and then heard some angry mumbling.
15. Found out she'd gotten dirt all over the roller and when Steve went to change it, he snapped the actual roller in half.
16. Discovered we didn't have another roller in the house and was informed (by Steve), that I would have to finish the priming this week. Bastard.
17. Was thrilled when my sister called a little bit later and said Grace could come over for a few hours.
18. Told Steve I'd borrow her paint roller and that he could, indeed, finish today. [snicker]
19. Was amazed/impressed/appalled when our little family of four managed to eat an entire half of a pound of beef sticks I had just bought this afternoon. Yup. We rock.
20. Wrapped all (but one) of my Secret Santa gifts and got them boxed up to be mailed tomorrow.
21. Spent a cumulative TWO HOURS trying to print shipping labels with postage here at home, so I could just give the packages to the mailman tomorrow and avoid the post office.
22. Failed miserably. Stupid effing piece of shit ancient computer that doesn't support Acrobat 5.
23. Realized I'm going to have to take two rather "spirited" children to the post office to mail three packages days before Christmas, where there will undoubtedly be loooooong lines. CRAP!!
24. Wondered what I'm going to do with the four gifts I have coming here that were supposed to be for my Secret Santa Buddies, but will get here too late, thanks to a sucky website.
And now we're home and I can drink (I drove), so all is right with the world. :)
Oh, and Janet, we got the envelope today! Hooray! You are so sweet! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! It's gorgeous and the kids will love it on Christmas Eve. You ROCK!
Steve does not wear "nice" flannel shirts. Every year, before his birthday and/or Christmas, you tell me how you've bought him a "beautiful flannel" from the likes of some department store. Every year I cringe. Steve wears flannels when he works pouring concrete. Or when he goes outside to plow the driveway. Or when he hunts. He does NOT wear them "for nice" to go out in public. So for the love of god, PLEASE stop spending $20+ on these "beautiful" garments and instead, spend $5.00 on a cheapo one at WalMart and give us the extra $15 in cash. Please.
Steve and Allison
Saturday, December 17, 2005
Big Steve turned 31 today. So now he's officially in his 30's. Ooooo.... ;)
And for all of you that implied [gasp!] that his new coffee pot was more for me than him, I would like you all to know that he LOVED it. And it really does make better tasting coffee, and you can't beat the speed. So pppbblllttttt! ;)
My mom's picking the girls up in a bit to spend the night and Steve and I are heading out to dinner somewhere (still haven't decided where) and then to my sister & brother-in-law's Christmas party. [sigh] Last year, by the time we got there, everyone was trashed and by the end of the night, my sister and her husband were openly arguing about their sex life (or lack there of). Yup. Should be a great time, lemme tell ya. LOL!
Maybe I'll check in when we get home, but if not, I just wanted to say Happy Birthday to my Babe!
Friday, December 16, 2005
2. Discovered it was my parents bringing Grace home on their way to work. (We had all assumed the roads would be bad from the snow/sleet last night and that they'd have to go into work late, but that wasn't the case).
3. Decided early on to take the girls to Country Junction for the morning to avoid all questions/beggings/tantrums/etc. to go outside and play in the now slushy snow.
4. Went to Country Junction where Grace spent the first 15 minutes begging/crying for a real puppy. (NOT GOING TO HAPPEN KID!!! Hell, at least she's persistant, right?)
5. Got her calmed down and enjoyed walking around for a few hours.
6. Came home and put an extremely whiney two-year-old to bed.
7. Baked cookies with Grace, which taught me something...
Time it takes to bake a pack of premade/precut sugar cookies (3 dozen or so cookies) in a toaster oven, 6 at a time: Approx. 2 hours.
Time it takes a family of three (Hannah doesn't like them) to eat them: Approx. 20 minutes. For real.
8. Let Grace "help me" wrap Steve's presents for his birthday tomorrow.
9. Wanted to kick her ass when 10 minutes later, Steve walked in and Grace said, "Hey Dad! I bought you some new pants and a new sweatshirt for your birthday!" Little shit.
10. Took Grace to gymnastics, where Hannah spent the entire time headbutting me for no apparent reason.
11. Left there and took the girls to Burger King because I had promised them they could get the Furbies that come in the Kids Meals this week.
12. Ordered 2 kids meals, both with cheeseburgers (because that's what they said they wanted) and ordered a 12-piece chicken fries meal, figuring Steve and/or the girls may want a chicken fry or two.
13. Brought the food home where Grace and Hannah proceeded to ignore their cheeseburgers and eat all but four of the chicken fries. [sigh]
14. Watched Grace then also eat her entire cheeseburger. Thanks kid. Thanks a lot...
15. Was surprised when Grace fell asleep at 8:15 with the rest of us all talking around her and watching TV.
16. Groaned inwardly when I remembered that she hadn't gone to the bathroom since gymnastics class and that she'll probably be peeing all over me tonight.
17. Was surprised when, while watching a show about the different sandwiches particular cities are known for, I discovered that supposedly chipped ham is NOT a national thing and that people often have no clue what that is.
18. Felt sorry for all of those that don't know what/don't eat chipped ham is, since that's the ONLY way I ever get it from the grocery store and really the only kind of ham sandwich I like. In the past two days, I have eaten an entire pound of chipped ham, just by reaching in the bag and eating large handfuls of it.
19. Was reminded of the pig roast and my discussion with out of town friends that had never seen/eaten/heard of ring bologna until that day. Weird.
20. Am sitting here (im)patiently waiting for Steve to get his ass upstairs for the night so I can set up his new Bunn coffee maker for his birthday tomorrow morning. (It'll take 15 minutes or so to get it all set up before we use it for the first time, and there is no way in HELL I'm waiting that long in the morning for coffee while he unwraps it, opens it, sets it up, etc. Fuck that. Give me coffee or give yourself a bitchy wife.
21. Hung my new "Beer Pong Champ" magnet on my fridge today. Thanks again EE! LOL! ;)
22. Got an email just now that the stuff I ordered from a website early last week to put into my boards' Secret Santa packages just got picked up by DHL and is coming from California. Yeah. Great. Thanks. Too late mofos. I already went and bought other stuff to replace it. Rotten bastards. [grumble... grumble....]
Thursday, December 15, 2005
(And I didn't finish any of the Christmas shopping I went to the mall to accomplish because I was too busy buying stuff for Steve even though we don't really exchange gifts. [sigh]
Wednesday, December 14, 2005
2. Sat down with my cup of joe and watched The Early Show to see the Linz family receive their million dollar check for winning The Amazing Race. Mmmmm... Nick....
3. Decided to do something productive (GASP!) and started wrapping Christmas gifts.
4. Thought I was done when I remembered some clothing for the girls stashed upstairs.
5. Wrapped the clothing.
6. Thought I was done (again) when I remembered their new jammies they always get on Christmas Eve.
7. Wrapped the jammies.
8. Was annoyed when Steve got home from work at lunchtime. Not that I don't love my husband, but he's been such a miserable fuck lately, that it really is just easier if he's not here.
9. Was even more annoyed when his buddy showed up 15 minutes later and they sat here in the living room, gossiping like women while watching gay MTV. [sigh] So much for my day of "alone time".
10. Managed to get sucked into their conversation for THREE HOURS about money, jobs, kids, the cleanliness of our houses, sex, and how until the two of them start staying home with their kids on a full-time basis, they both need to shut the fuck up. :)
11. Was ready to burst when I checked email while they were both sitting here and saw that Kap had sent me a preview of the bear collage she's making for Steve and I couldn't open it or he'd see it. Son of a bitch!
12. Heard Salinger crying upstairs and went up there to check on him and saw he was having "troubles" again. Dammit. Did I remember to give him his medicine yesterday? [sigh] I suck at this pet owner thing.
13. Steve's friend leaves and the two of us (Steve and I) immediately start "discussing" things which inevitably turns into an argument.
14. Was pleasantly surprised when we both kept our cool (for the most part) and actually may have accomplished something in our discussion. Only time will tell...
15. Picked up the girls at my parents' house where my parents were more than happy to hand them over since they were bouncing off the freakin' walls. Yeah. Great.
16. Keep thinking of other people I need to buy gifts for. This happens every year. How is it that every year, I forget these same people until the week before Christmas?
17. Wondered if giving a particular recipient a case of cheap beer and a carton of cigarettes would be... I dunno... rude?
18. Managed to eat an entire can of Pringles. Just today. Not in one sitting, but still. Moooooooo!
19. Decided the dimples in my ass are endearing.
20. Received the best Christmas card of the year today in the mail. Snort! It's good to see that other people's kids are demons too. ;)
21. Am still trying to figure out what the hell Steve and I are going to do for his birthday this Saturday. We don't have the kids and my sister & BIL are having their annual Christmas party, but they always get drunk and argue in front of everyone, so we really need to make their house our last stop of the evening on our way home. What the hell do we do before that?
22. Told Steve to go work on the railroad.
23. And meant it. (He's always wanted to.)
24. Decided that if he does, I want him to wear a little engineer's hat around the house, just so I can point at him and laugh.
Tuesday, December 13, 2005
He's taking the picture from where the buck is. That rock that is circled in red is where he shot it from. They're two seperate mountains, with a valley and river between them. That may give you an idea of the type of hunting he does and the distances he shoots at. I still don't "get it" and probably never will, but hey, whatever makes him happy, right? LOL!
Just finished watching the season finale. I am so freaking pumped, it's not even funny. YEEHAW!!!!!
Anyway, I have no desire to do a whole highlights list tonight, so I'll just give a brief recap of my day.
I spent the entire first half of the day cleaning Grace's room until it was literally spotless. I realize that none of you will realize what a true accomplishment this is, but you'll have to trust me. The room had kind of become my "dumping ground" for all sorts of bags, boxes, plastic bins of clothing, etc. But it's DONE now and I freakin' rock. And I must admit here that I got intense pleasure out of sucking two bugs (one dead and one alive) up with the hose attachment on the vacuum. Does that make me seriously sick or just normal?
Then I spent about an hour washing 2 bazillion dirty dishes in the bathtub. I will have a kitchen in 2006 dammit.
Other than that, it was pretty run-of-the-mill stuff. Taking care of a two-year-old, stopping for a few groceries, bathing two children who decided that fighting was their past time of choice this evening, etc.
Nothing exciting. Yay. LOL!
Monday, December 12, 2005
2) Got annoyed that Steve took the day off of work today (because apparently 3 weeks straight of not working so he could hunt wasn't enough). I could care less if he works or not. I just don't want him here when he's not working. LOL! He totally disrupts our "routine" and I feel like a fat lazy slob if I sit on my fat ass and drink half a pot of coffee before like, moving and stuff.
3) Was thrilled when he went outside early to finally plow the driveway.
4) Used the hose attachment to suck every single solitary speck of dust, dirt, beads, pine needles, crumbs, etc. out of the cracks in our hardwood floor.
5) Got attacked by a dog-sized dust bunny while vacuuming the stairs.
6) Made a doctor's appointment for Grace, convinced she has strep throat again.
7) Hung up and realized that due to the time of the appointment, that Miss Hannah wasn't going to be taking a nap today. Joy.
8) Cleaned until it was time to leave for the doctor.
9) Had my beliefs confirmed when her strep test was positive. [sigh]
10) Took two overtired, sick children to KMart to get Grace's prescription filled.
11) Almost cried when the pharmacist told me there was an hour wait.
12) Sucked it up and headed for the toy department, with Hannah in the top of the shopping cart, and Grace walking.
13) Was in the toy deparment for about 2 minutes tops, when Hannah decided she wanted to walk too.
14) Wasted as much time as possible in the toy aisles, allowing the children to touch as many toys as they wanted to, as they pushed every button and sqeezed every hand of something that talked/sang/made noise/farted/recited the ABCs/etc.
15) Finished in the toys and had Hannah back in the top part of the cart, and Grace in the big, bottom part.
16) Told the girls to pick something for Steve's birthday.
17) Explained to Grace that Daddy doesn't like Dale Earnhardt (or NASCAR for that matter) and that although the Dale Earnhardt pajama bottoms are lovely, I think we can find something nicer for Daddy.
18) Didn't argue when she chose some weird contraption like thing to supposedly practice putting golf balls straighter.
19) Laughed (but agreed to buy) the shower radio Hannah picked for him.
20) Hannah started crying to sit in the back of the cart with Grace.
21) Grace started crying she didn't want Hannah to sit with her.
22) Put Hannah in the cart with Grace.
23) Grace cried because Hannah was touching her.
24) Threaten both with bodily harm if they don't pipe down and stop making people stare.
25) Grace tells me to fuck off (in so many words... she did NOT actually say that).
26) Hannah cries to sit in the upper part of the cart again.
27) I move her and tell both that absolutely NO ONE else will be moved from their current positions.
28) Head to the pharmacy counter, ready to fill the prescription myself if it's not ready yet.
29) Find out it is indeed ready.
30) Reconsider my previous threat and move Hannah into the big part of the cart with Grace because she won't stop screaming.
31) As I'm swiping my debit card, the girls are fighting and Hannah decks Grace right in the face.
32) Look around to see if anyone else noticed right as the pharmacist lady is saying, "Oh my god! She just popped her right in the face!" (while laughing).
33) Feel like a complete ass and am not sure whether to strongly discipline Hannah in front of all of the people there, or explain that she has had NO nap, feels like crap and we're all just exhausted.
34) Decide to take the explanation route right as Hannah smacks her again. [sigh]
35) Pharmacist lady tells the girls she has lollipops for them, and then says, "Can she have one even though she just popped her sister?" [sigh]
36) I say, "Hell yes. It may keep her from popping her again."
37) The girls kiss and hug before receiving their lollipops.
38) Pay for the rest of my crap and hightail it out of the store.
39) Did something I have never in my life done and absolutely hate when people do it (and often yell at them for it), and I left my shopping cart in the middle of an empty parking space in the parking lot. I had no choice. I strapped the two sick, exhausted, crying kids into their seats, and then noticed that the nearest cart corral was ALL the way across the parking lot and WAY too far for me to safely leave the girls. Sorry fellow shoppers, but I was sooo going to be a shopping cart ditcher. DAMN ME!
40) Both girls fell asleep two minutes before arriving home. Grace woke up when we got here. Hannah stayed sleeping.
41) Ran for beer and pizza while Steve "watched" the girls. Uh huh.
42) Listened to Steve rant and rave and bitch and moan about how he has too much paperwork to do and how he's hiring a secretary to do his business books... just like I hear every year when he decides to sit down and catch up on all the bills he has virtually ignored for the past month to go shoot at furry animals.
43) Had both girls sleeping by 8:15, and flopped my fat ass on the couch with a Miller Lite and decided that Wednesday, when both girls go to daycare, cannot come soon enough...
Sunday, December 11, 2005
Hannah Enjoying Her Coffee
Nana (my MIL) with Grace & Her Cousin, Gunnar
Mommy & Grace with Santa
(Please excuse my ridiculous hair. I have a haircut appt. this week. Blush.)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps 'em up
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the weekend of Thanksgiving. But it depends on Steve's plans for hunting season and such.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? All of the appetizers
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Church on Christmas Eve and then coming home where my sister, brother, and I would all exchange our gifts with each other.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I have absolutely NO recollection of this what-so-ever.
9. Do you open presents of Christmas morning or Christmas eve? One on Xmas Eve (always new jammies). The rest Christmas morning.
10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? Sugar
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love to watch it from the house. HATE it when I have to go out in it.
12. Can you ice skate? I dunno. I used to ice skate all the time when I was a kid. I suppose I still could, but I doubt if I could do it well.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My engagement ring from Steve. If we're talking when I was a kid, I'd have to say the small black & white TV for my bedroom.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? The general excitement in the air. It's so much fun to watch kids anxiously await Santa's visit. I LOVE Christmas morning when the kids' faces are just glowing with happiness.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Cheesecake
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Just gathering with our families.
17. What tops your tree? A white sparkly star
18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? Giving. I LOVE finding that perfect gift for everyone.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night
20. Do you have a wreath on your front door? No. We don't have a front door. We use our side door, but there's none there either. As a matter of fact, I just remembered to take the Halloween one down last week. ROFL!
21. What do you want most for Christmas this year? Just that everyone else is happy. I know that sounds hokey, but it's the truth. I really don't need anything.
I tag Lisa, Denise, and Katherine.
Saturday, December 10, 2005
I'll check in tomorrow. G'night gang.
Friday, December 09, 2005
Uh, I mean, "Highlights of the Day (Friday 12.09.2005)".... ;)
1. Woke up at 7:00-ish to discovered my car completely buried in snow up to the top of my tires, a good foot on the ground, and a ton of it still dumping from the sky. (4-6" my ass ya goddamn weather people...)
2. Wondered how the HELL Steve managed to get out of the driveway at 4:00AM without plowing or shoveling anything.
3. Was annoyed as shit because I thought he hadn't even had the common courtesy to at least bring the shovel up from the garage so I wouldn't have to traipse down there without snow boots. (It's at the other end of our property, down a small hill.)
4. Tried calling his cell phone to be a bitch, but couldn't get through.
5. Noticed the shovel leaning right outside the door about 5 minutes later.
6. Felt like an ass and was glad I hadn't been able to get through.
7. Listened to two kids beg me to go outside over... and over... and over... All before the sun was even completely out yet.
8. Called sister and brother-in-law around 8:00 and left message on their machine offering them $50 if they'd come shovel a path from the road to just my car so I could get out of the driveway tomorrow.
9. Took the girls outside at 9:00 AM after spending a good hour gathering up clothing, hats, gloves, tights, turtlenecks, snowsuits, and boots for the three of us.
10. Watched Hannah do a face plant right into a pile of snow about 2 minutes (literally) after we had walked outside.
11. Picked up a sobbing Hannah and wasn't allowed to put her down again (according to her).
12. Stood her on the covered patio and told her to stand there and not move while I finished shoveling the sidewalks.
13. Literally 10 minutes after taking them outside, had BOTH of them telling me they wanted to come back in the house. Yup. Glad I spent all that time dressing you, you little pain in the asses.
14. Popped in a movie for them and talked to my sister who said only she was home and she couldn't get to our house to shovel the driveway. Dammit.
15. Broke out the cheap Chicken McNugget Masquerade Ball board game I had picked up yesterday for $4.00, expecting it to be really lame.
16. Was rather pleasantly surprised at how cute it is.
17. Played the damn game about TWENTY FIVE TIMES over the course of the day. Oy...
18. Saw some random guy plowing the neighbor's driveway and yelled over to her asking how much he was charging.
19. She yelled back she didn't know and that she had "found him" down the street and told him to come up to her house.
20. Told her I didn't care what the hell it cost, and to send him down to our driveway next.
21. Paid the guy $20 (he had only asked for $15) and patted myself on the back at how thrilled Steve would be to not have to come home at 8:00 tonight and deal with plowing the driveway.
22. Was pleased I only ever really wanted to rip my hair out in frustration like 5 times today. I was expecting a lot worse.
23. Realized, after the girls' bath tonight that Soshy was missing. "Soshy" is actually Hannah's silky, a small pink satin blanket that she LOVES and that she always, always sleeps with.
24. Spent TWO HOURS STRAIGHT looking for him/it even though she didn't seem to give a rat's ass he was missing, but me dreading how bedtime might go if I didn't find him.
25. Couldn't find him... Anywhere. (Where the hell could it be? It's not like it could just walk away? And I saw her with it at 9:00 this morning and we didn't leave the house except to go outside and I know she didn't take him out there.)
26. Was happy that the effects of her nighttime cold medicine seemed to have caused her to forget about "Soshy" and I got her to bed without a hitch. For now, anyway.
27. Was thrilled once everyone else in the house was sleeping and I could sit here in complete silence, wasting time online.
28. Remembered, out of the blue, that there is that carton of cookie dough ice cream in the freezer.
29. Scooped myself a big bowl, drowned it in chocolate syrup, and had a damn healthy late "dinner". Good stuff, I tell ya...
Thursday, December 08, 2005
2. Sat down at the computer with my coffee and once again, wasted half of the morning away.
3. Remembered to shower. (Yay me! I ROCK!)
4. Went to Big Lots to grab some craft kits and stuff for tomorrow since we're expecting to be snowed in and the girls are getting really bored with their toys lately.
5. While there, also grabbed a bunch more Christmas gifts for the girls (which is the last thing they need), big ass boxes of holiday chocolates as gifts for the daycare teachers, Santa hats for the girls, a huge platic ornament storage container (should've grabbed two... must go back...), and some other crap I didn't need but bought anyway because it was so cheap.
6. Went next door to Blockbuster to rent movies for the same reason I bought the new craft kits. Damn snow.
7. Wanted to kiss the girl working there when she wiped out the $1.33 late charge I had on my account. (That's right folks. I'm sooo bad about returning movies that I have late fees at a place that doesn't have late fees.)
8. Finally signed up for their damn "Rewards Program" so they stop asking me about it EVERY DAMN TIME I go in there. (And because the girl was nice and wiped out my late fee.)
9. Grabbed BK chicken fries on my way home.
10. Did one load of laundry. Yeah. That's right. I'm ambitious like that. (And does it count if that load is still up in the dryer?)
11. Pumped myself up to finally prime the kitchen and then discovered my primer had frozen because I had left it sitting outside for three days. I swear it wasn't on purpose. Honest. It wasn't.
12. Received, in the mail, some of the fantastic ornaments I had ordered for various ornament exchange buddies. Now if I can just get them in the mail to their intended recipients, I'll be golden. (Don't hold your breath.)
13. Realized, mid-day that today is my MIL's birthday and thought I should probably call her or something.
14. Didn't call her.
15. Mid-afternoon, the whole cat pill trauma creeped back into my brain and I realized I had to give it another go.
16. Crushed the pill into a fine powder, mixed it with some water, put it in a syringe, and forced the shit into Salinger's mouth.
17. Got a scratch on my back and a few drops of pill water on myself during the process, but at least there are some meds in him now.
18. Watched him like a hawk for signs of distress since I was never told I was allowed to crush the pill and I had visions of him frothing at the mouth and keeling over dead.
19. Stopped at WalMart on my way to pick up the girls, where I grabbed the makings for pretzel kisses, some stuff for Grace, a sweater for me (because I really need another sweater you know) and some more Christmas gifts.
20. Picked the girls up and headed home.
21. Was bummed to see that our little "tradition" of taking a new route home every night to look for new Christmas light displays has been seriously marred by two children in the backseat arguing over who has more lit houses on their side of the car. [heavy sigh]
22. Was pleased when my children acted fairly "normal" this evening (as compared to the "Crack Kids" they often morph into upon stepping foot into our house).
23. Saw Steve for a good 30 minutes tonight before he went to bed. (This is a HUGE chunk of time during hunting season.)
24. Told Steve to call his mother and wish her a happy birthday.
25. She told Steve she thought I had told her I was stopping by with the kids today and she had baked a cake. DOH! (I had never said that, but she was cool with the whole thing.)
26. Told her we'd stop by this weekend at some point.
LL cool J,( you have good taste) your guy would
tough on the outside but sweet on the inside!
What would your dream boyfriend look like?
brought to you by
Well now... this one is a bit disturbing. LOL!
Your mind is subconciously thinking about Guns and
What are you subconciously thinking about?
brought to you by
You are a siren. A siren is an
enchanting seductress that usually inhabits a
remote isle in the sea. The siren's voice is
beautiful and alluring. The siren's voice is
irresitible to all those who hear it. Upon
hearing her fatal melody the listener will
either plunge to their deaths in the icy ocean
waters or they will perhaps finally reach the
siren. Once the siren has hold of them they
have no chance. The siren represents sensuality
Which mythical creature resides in your soul? (11 Results + Pictures)
brought to you by